Thanks Godfrey,

It really is a lot of information!

I tried downloading exiftool yesterday, but that was not successful, I will try again later. Indeed Iam using windows10

Greetz, Jos
On 16-Jul-16 15:31, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
Jos,

Thanks for sending the file. It downloaded with no problems.

EXIFtool v10.05 has no problem reading all the metadata. I ran it from a
Terminal window on macOS with the default command after moving to the directory:

   $ cd ~/Downloads
   $ exiftool 20160528-IMGP0169.DNG > EXIFdata.txt

and it spit out the (rather lengthy) metadata very nicely. For example:

   ExifTool Version Number         : 10.05
   File Name                       : 20160528-IMGP0169.DNG
   Directory                       : .
   File Size                       : 41 MB
   File Modification Date/Time     : 2016:07:16 05:45:23-07:00
   File Access Date/Time           : 2016:07:16 05:46:57-07:00
   File Inode Change Date/Time     : 2016:07:16 05:45:23-07:00
   File Permissions                : rw-r--r--
   File Type                       : DNG
   File Type Extension             : dng
   MIME Type                       : image/x-adobe-dng
   Exif Byte Order                 : Little-endian (Intel, II)
   Make                            : RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
   Camera Model Name               : PENTAX K-1
   Orientation                     : Horizontal (normal)
   Software                        : PENTAX K-1 Ver. 1.00
   Modify Date                     : 2016:05:28 19:24:23
   Artist                          : HIJDEN
   Image Width                     : 7392
   Image Height                    : 4950
   Bits Per Sample                 : 14
   Compression                     : JPEG
   Photometric Interpretation      : Color Filter Array
   Strip Offsets                   : 219616
   Samples Per Pixel               : 1
   Rows Per Strip                  : 4950
   Strip Byte Counts               : 38314288
   X Resolution                    : 300
   Y Resolution                    : 300
   Planar Configuration            : Chunky
   Resolution Unit                 : inches
   CFA Repeat Pattern Dim          : 2 2
   CFA Pattern 2                   : 0 1 1 2
   CFA Layout                      : Rectangular
   Black Level Repeat Dim          : 2 2
   Black Level                     : 64 64 64 64
   Default Scale                   : 1 1
   Default Crop Origin             : 8 10
   Default Crop Size               : 7360 4912
   Bayer Green Split               : 0
   Anti Alias Strength             : 1
   Active Area                     : 18 6 4950 7382
   Subfile Type                    : Reduced-resolution image
   Primary Chromaticities          : 0.64 0.33 0.3 0.6 0.15 0.06
   Y Cb Cr Coefficients            : 0.299 0.587 0.114
   Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling            : YCbCr4:2:2 (2 1)
   Y Cb Cr Positioning             : Co-sited
   Copyright                       : HIJDEN
   Exposure Time                   : 1/750
   F Number                        : 8.0
   Exposure Program                : Aperture-priority AE
   …

and so forth.

Of course, that's a bit of a lot to read through and it's only a tiny fraction
of what's in there. The thing to do is to modify the EXIFtool command to read
out just the bits of info that you're interested in. EXIFtool reads 226 EXIF
keys in the .DNG file … you cut it down by using the short names of the keys in
the command. For example:

   $ exiftool \
-FileName \
-FileModifyDate \
-FileAccessDate \
-FileInodeChangeDate \
-Make \
-Model \
-Copyright \
-ExposureTime \
-FNumber \
-ExposureProgram \
-SensitivityType \
-DateTimeOriginal \
-CreateDate \
-Flash \
-FocalLength \
20160528-IMGP0169.DNG > EXIFdata3.txt

outputs the following into EXIFdata3.txt:

   File Name                       : 20160528-IMGP0169.DNG
   File Modification Date/Time     : 2016:07:16 05:45:23-07:00
   File Access Date/Time           : 2016:07:16 06:19:22-07:00
   File Inode Change Date/Time     : 2016:07:16 05:45:23-07:00
   Make                            : RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
   Camera Model Name               : PENTAX K-1
   Copyright                       : HIJDEN
   Exposure Time                   : 1/750
   F Number                        : 8.0
   Exposure Program                : Aperture-priority AE
   Sensitivity Type                : Standard Output Sensitivity
   Date/Time Original              : 2016:05:28 19:24:23
   Create Date                     : 2016:05:28 19:24:23
   Flash                           : Off, Did not fire
   Focal Length                    : 11.0 mm

If you run exiftool from the command-line with no parameters, it will enter its
help mode and you can read all about using it along with examples. Phil Harvey
is also very good about responding to queries if something isn't clear.

I imagine that on a Windows system, you'd use the Windows command-line
interface to run it … Someone more familiar with Windows systems will have to
speak to that.

Go for it! :-)