I wonder if someone knows an effective way of forcing LR to update/refresh the thumbnail previews at the bottom?

I've got a shoot of a large number of photos (900), all taken in basically identical setting, and all them had the same problem: they were all similarly underexposed by some 1.5-2 stops. So, the easy starting point after loading them all in LR was to adjust the exposure for one of the photos, and then "Sync" with all others. This would allow me to make a quick pre-selection (in the Library module) of the photos that are worth taking a further look.

What is annoying is that the thumbnails at the bottom remain dark.
I did "Update DNG previews and metadata". Even once it is done, the thumbnails are not updated. The only thumbnails that are getting updated are those that are withing the "viewable" range. So, I am moving that line manually slowly to let them all update eventually.

Is there a way to force LR refreshing those thumbnails (short of re-importing those photos)?

Thank you,

Igor