FWIW, it's probably not your computer.

Micro$oft nuked Windows Movie Maker about the time Windoze 7 replaced
XP. Although, if you dug hard enough, you could find a version that
would run on Windoze 7, it never worked that well, and it's got
progressively worse under later iterations of Windoze.

Too bad. It was originally one of the few Micro$oft offerings that
didn't suck.