Paul Stenquist wrote:
I expected to see a masculine-leaning lady hiding in your closet.

That would have been a much better flavor of interesting than having water bubble up through the floor. I managed to seal the crack between the floor and the retaining wall, and then water started coming in under the sill plate for the short section of wall to the right of the frame. By drilling the hole where I did, and making that dyke, I was at least able to confine the product of my little spring to a place a bit easier to clean up.

Most of my time the next few days were spent cutting a one foot square hole in some concrete outside the downstairs, and digging a five foot deep hole with my PHD so that I could put a sump pump at the bottom. With luck, when the next heavy rains come tomorrow, the water will go into the new sump to be pumped into the garden, rather than creating a lazy little stream across the downstairs living room floor.

Like I said, things have been interesting lately.

Paul via phone