Sorry for your issues Dan, but its music to my ears as a retired Ford salaried worker....

You really should go back to Avis and demand a different vehicle - speak to the station manager and you should get your wish.

Alot of times the rental fleets are made up of vehicles that aren't selling well for what ever reason and that might be the case with the vehicle you have.

Keep calm and carry on.....

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel J. Matyola" <danmaty...@gmail.com>
Subject: OT: Chevy Maliboo

I just need to vent a bit.

I know Paul and others here are fond of GM cars, but based on my experience
the past 2 weeks I really wonder how Government Motors stays in business.

Lee and I usually rent a compact car here in Maui:  gas is expensive, and
parking spaces are tight.  This year, however, our son accompanied us for
the first two weeks of the trip, and two friends will join us here for the
last week, so we needed a larger car with more luggage room.  I therefore
asked Avis for an intermediate car, which is described as "a Nissan Altima
or similar."

What they gave us instead is a Chevy Malibu.  I can only describe it as
spectacularly mediocre.  I can't remember when I have been less pleased
with a rental from Avis.

At home we have a classic Mustang, a 2016 Kia Optima, a 10 year old Altima
and a 20 year old Optima. I have owned Buicks in the past. I am generally
not fussy about cars.

The Mallibu seems to my eye to be slightly dated in style.  In order to
give it the "sleek" look, however, they how removed a lot of head room from
the rear seat.  Getting in the rear seat in awkward, and getting out damn
uncomfortable.  Really not much better than trying to exit the rear "seat"
of the Mustang.

Opening the trunk and the gas tank door are both unusual and tricky.  I
don't think I have ever succeeded on the first try.  The instruments are
part analog and part digital, and totally confusing.  The electronics for
radio and cell phone are simply old fashioned.  Even the seat belts are
difficult to operate.  The trunk is adequate, but not what I had expected
from the size of the car. I am really wondering how I am going to get four
passengers and luggage for three into it when I take my wife and her
friends to the airport in a couple of weeks.

I wonder why our government even thought it reasonable to bail out a
company which doesn't seem to understand what consumers want and need.

End of rant.  We now return you to our regular programming.

Dan Matyola