I think the entire internet is becoming more cumbersome.

Dropbox removed the feature that allowed display of simple HTML, actually they added extra code to their server to stop display of simple HTML,

But it's still possible if you use an APP to display HTML, but it's no longer quite so simple to share links to that page. All for security, and control, their control.

I can see the security angle, but they didn't disable photo sharing, now you have to display them the way they want you to, not the way you want to.