Since they are both much newer technology I suspect either will produce better prints than the 2880. From what I've read, the P5000 is the one to get if you're doing heavy printing day after day. It probably produces somewhat better prints, too, but I doubt the difference would be noticeable without serious magnified examination. The other question, for me, would be how many prints do I have to sell to justify the cost difference.

-p