The Guinea Fowl have bred well this year thanks to our lazy Municipality who have not cut the grass in our suburban parks. The long grass has afforded the chicks much needed protection from feral cats & raptors. Three "families", comprising 6 adults & 19 chicks flew from the "park" over the wall into our garden at dusk. I quickly grabbed a camera & a cup of birdseed eventually luring some into range. The adults have blue heads & the chicks striped feathers on their heads. Not the best photos because of failing light & low shutter speeds. Scroll R for the other.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wisselstroom/33339237220/

K7 with the HD 55-300 @ about 60   1/60   ISO 800

Alan C

---