From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of John Francis
Sent: Wednesday, 12 April 2017 4:10 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: Stunning News for Pentax - Ricoh

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 09:36:30PM -0700, Larry Colen wrote:

> Bipin Gupta wrote:
> > This came in today to my Inbox:
> >
> > http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/Ricoh-may-close-shutter-on
> > -personal-camera-business
> >
> > The end of Pentax - Ricoh coming near??
>
> Well that could really and truly suck.

I doubt if it will affect me much, if at all.

I anticipate buying at most one more traditional DSLR - I don't feel tempted by
the K1, but might be
interested if there was a follow-up APS-C model with most of the improvements
from the K1 (and, no
doubt, a few more as well).

If that doesn't materialise I'll probably either stick with what I have today
or switch over to
Olympus; the EPL1 has served me well over the years, but is several generations
behind in sensor
technology (though still good enough for casual everyday use ).