Thanks, Larry, Jack and Paul!  I appreciate your comments.

First, the background is a blue sheet from my "Photo Studio in a Box":

https://smile.amazon.com/LimoStudio-Photography-Studio-Lighting-AGG349/dp/B005CX9S8A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493646352&sr=8-1&keywords=photo+studio+in+a+box

The kit also has white, red and grey backgrounds.
I cut off a few blossoms while I was trimming trees in the front yard for
the express purpose of playing around with this system.

Most of the shots were centered when I took them, but I cropped them to
bring the center of attention a bit to one side.  I have been frequently,
and justifiably, been criticized here and elsewhere for making my images
too centered and two "square."
Here is one that I left centered, as It filled the screen anyway:
https://www.photo.net/photo/18381125/

I also tried a vertical crop a couple of times, but didn't care for the
result, probably because the stem was too short.

Dan Matyola