Mark Roberts wrote:
It's been a busy week with the end of the semester coinciding with the
release of the PDML Photo Annual, so it's taken me a long time to
throw together a gallery of photos from last week's race. It's a bit
rough and hurried but it should give you an idea of what the event was
like.

http://www.robertstech.com/temp/AustinMotoGP2017/

Nice set, too bad you were on the wrong side of the track wall.

Passing on a critique I got about my attempts at race photography, a bit more variety in the shutter speed would have been nice. I have no complaints about the technical quality, but they start to all look the same. Of course there's a difference between when you have to get a decent shot every time, and it doesn't matter if you blow a bunch of shots in the quest to get a great shot.

No matter how good your gear is this kind of photography takes skill.
Practice is vital for this kind of work and I very much noticed how
out of practice I am. My race day photos would have been much better
if I'd bought a three day pass and photographed all the practice and
qualifying sessions first – just a couple of days practice would have
helped me get back a lot of my motorsports photography technique.

I guess that means you need to spend more time practicing at the local races.

Still a fun weekend.

--
Larry Colen, ellar...@gmail.com (postbox on min4est)http://red4est.com/lrc