It may have improved some since then. Wouldn't cost anything to try it.

On 5/17/2017 12:06, P. J. Alling wrote:
I really wish I could trust RawTherapee, I last used it when I first got
my K20D and it would crash trying to render thumbnails from either DNG
files generated by the camera or PEF files.  In fact it even crashed
when trying to render DNG files generated by Adobe's DNG converter
software that were originally from the K20D.   It took them so long to
fix that issue, with no workaround on the horizon that I simply
uninstalled the software and moved on.

The only other thing that I remember about it was that even rendering
6MP files from the *ist-D and Ds cameras I was using were painfully slow
compared to pretty much everything else, though IIRC the resulting
images were nice.

I guess I shouldn't complain, the software was free, but I don't expect
people to use my software if it doesn't fulfill it's purpose for them, I
have the same expectation from other people's software.