On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 21:54:43 -0400, Mark Roberts <postmas...@robertstech.com> wrote:

I expect there will be more than a few of us attempting to photograph
the eclipse next month. I've just started a little research into it
and I'm closing in on a decision as to what filter to use. My longest
lens is my FA*300/2.8 and it's happily configured with an in-lens 43mm
filter capability. Here's what I've found that looks most promising:
https://www.optcorp.com/spectrum-threaded-camera-solar-filter-43mm.html

Anyone have any experience or other recommendations?

try to use a longer lens, like a 500 or 600mm
--
J.C. O'Connell
hifis...@gate.net