Thank you, Rick, Jostein, Alan, John, Larry, and Stan for your responses.

I guess I should try it at some point...

Stan: I was not referring to bracing, rather to the fact how it is done.
What I usually do in this situations is to have the left hand under/over the lens (which allows me controlling zoom, and adjusting focus if needed), and then pushing my shoulder against the frame.

... and I didn't realize he was shooting from a vehicle, - the frame looked like a porch. :-) (of a Marriott property..)

Igor