Thanks, Zos. I contact the website’s support group. The attributed the
difficulty to a “rogue ad,” over which they said they had minimal control. The
suggested an ad blocker. I use one, but I had whitelisted the site to support
the magazine They offer “ad free access,” which I’m checking into. Eric

> On Jul 19, 2017, at 8:36 PM, Zos Xavius <zosxav...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Some websites are just poorly coded too. If they have videos and lots
> of embeds running its pretty easy to eat up your processor quickly.
> Chrome often surprises me with how much CPU it uses.
>
> On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 8:14 PM, Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, PJ. I use an ad blocker, too. I may have white listed the Atlantic
>> site.
>>
>>> On Jul 19, 2017, at 7:12 PM, P. J. Alling <webstertwenty...@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Malformed adverts.  I've had web pages with such horrible scripts that they
>>> hang the web browser and require a restart.  That's the main reason I've
>>> employed an ad blocker.  I can ignore the ads.

>>> --
>>> America wasn't founded so that we could all be better.
>>> America was founded so we could all be anything we damn well please.
>>>   - P.J. O'Rourke
>>>

>>> --
>>> PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
>>> PDML@pdml.net
>>> follow the directions.
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Eric Weir
>> Decatur, GA  USA
>> eew...@bellsouth.net
>>
>> “Man has been a murderer forever.”
>>
>> - Peter Matthiessen.
>>

>> --
>> PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
>> PDML@pdml.net
>> follow the directions.

> the directions.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone,
men would die from a great loneliness of spirit."

- Chief Seattle