My Club (Phalaborwa Road Runners) currently supports 6 Development Runners who all come from underprivileged backgrounds. To be accepted into the development programme, the men must run 8km in under 32min & the ladies in under 36min. We then cover their expenses & provide kit but they must regularly attend Club Time Trials & represent the Club in Provincial Races. On Wed 09/08 we organised the annual Maroela-to-Maroela 10km (a smallish local race) in which all 6 participated. 1482 was 1st overall (32:06) and 1481 the 1st Junior Lady. The others all placed well. We are greatly encouraged & hoping to soon fill our budget of 10. Here is a 'phone image taken by one of out members:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wisselstroom/36103187760/

Alan C

---