From Ann & Dan

"Alan - did you just read the lyrics Dan posted or did you listen to PEte
sing?  not depressing.."

"Not depressing at all!"

Only paid connections here so didn't listen to Pete.

Depressing? Yes (mostly) & No (slightly).

Each stanza opens with a couple of depressing lines about the misfortunes of old age. He then becomes a spectator: "I'll stick around to see what happens next." No action.

Ulysses:

"How dull it is to pause, to make an end,
To rust unburnish’d, not to shine in use!
As tho’ to breathe were life."

but then:

Tho’ much is taken, much abides; and tho’
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Alan C

---