I’m a little over a week back from a month spent camping and hiking along the
Blue Ridge Parkway, from the north end to the South. What a beautiful place.
Beautiful, I would say, because the designers and builders took their cue from
the landscape. Once a week or so I’d go off the Parkway, get a motel room, take
a shower, and do laundry. With few exceptions the contrasting ugliness of big
box and franchise restaurant development that I experienced made me want to get
back to the Parkway ASAP.

In preparing for the trip I purchased a 52.8 ah battery that I could charge
with my car and then use to keep my devices charged. Unfortunately, the usb
chargers I purchased to keep my camera batteries charged did not work. The last
1/2 to 2/3 of the trip I had to rely on my iPhone for photography. I use an app
that lets me manually control settings and record images in RAW. I’ve been
impressed with the results since getting the images into Lightroom.

I haven’t put up a Flickr album yet, but I’ve been showing this image to
friends pretty
often.<https://www.flickr.com/photos/eeweir/37721102922/in/dateposted-public/>

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone,
men would die from a great loneliness of spirit."

- Chief Seattle