From: PDML <pdml-boun...@pdml.net> On Behalf Of Daniel J. Matyola
Sent: Sunday, 15 July 2018 9:29 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: PESO - Green and Gate

I love air shows!

I participated in a couple during my active duty days.  One resulted in a few
moments of terror when one of our planes didn't make it for the fly-by, but was
involve in a mid-air that resulted in the loss of a radome and a navigation
ejecting (safely except for some broken toes) over the pine forests of NC.  The
best one was wen my son was a teen-ager and we attended the one at Miramar, CA
back when it was the "Top Gun" Navy Base.  (It is now the USMC's main airbase
on the West Coast).  I had lots of high performance a/c, plus two Migs;  first
ones I ever saw other than I on radar screen.

We have a nice annual airshow 2 hours west of here in Reading, PA, that
specializes in WW II aircraft.  An organization to which I belong mans a table
there to promote our group and educate folks on aviation heroes.

I used to like to post myself at the end of runways and watch the planes
overhead heading for a touchdown.  These days one can get arrested doing that. 😢

Dan Matyola