I think their scanner is especially crappy.  I used to get better results with Kodak 800 color print film scanned with my Scanwit 2720s at 9mp from 35mm film with pretty much any coke bottle bottom I mounted on a Pentax camera.  With a good lens much much better, I could easily get excellent 8 x 10 prints.  It took a long time to get a DSLR that bettered those results,  the *ist-D was on par at lower linear resolution, but it won out because it was so much more convenient.  Well scanned 6x7 should blow you away with detail, even with a less than stellar lens.