Fine shots, Dan.

You should try making a multicoloured Hibiscus Tiara.

Alan C

On 03-Sep-18 02:58 PM, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
The Hibiscus is among my favorite flower varieties.  They bloom everywhere
in Hawaii, in great profusion, in every season,  The Hawaiian state flower
is the yellow hibiscus or pua ma‘o hau hele  (Hibiscus brackenridgei).
Although Maui recognizes the super-fragrant Lokelani (the pink Damask rose)
as the official island flower, hibiscus shrubs of all hues dominate must
gardens in the Valley Isle.

We have always had Rose of Sharon shrubs in our yard.  About 15 years ago,
several varieties of hardy hibiscus became available, and I have planted
several that are thriving.  I also buy a hibiscus "tree" each year, which I
keep on our deck.

This has been a good year for my hibiscus and Rose of Sharon plants.  My
wife Lee agreed to pose for me with some of the larger hibiscus blooms, one
from a hardy white hibiscus and one from the red hibiscus tree on our deck:

http://dan-matyola.squarespace.com/danmatyolas-pesos/2018/9/3/big

K-5 IIs, Tamron 28-300 mm Macro F 3.5-6.3
Comments are invited and appreciated.

Dan Matyola

---