On 10/14/2018 21:33, Rick Womer wrote:
Still chipping away at the photos from our May trip. We spent a few hours in
Metz, in eastern France, because it had a good rail connection to Paris. It
also has a lovely cathedral:

https://rickwomer.smugmug.com/AMS-to-CDG/Metz/Metz-Cathedral/

The place took a mere 300 years to build (1220-1520), and has the largest
amount of stained glass of any structure in the world. The window in the
penultimate photo has a distinctly modern quality to it, but I don’t know the
story behind it.

Hope you enjoy them.

Rick

Marc Chagall designed stained glass windows for Metz Cathedral in 1958 and 1968.