Hi Doug,
I tried the Sigma 8-18mm on my K1.
On FF it gave only APS-C coverage as it was limited by the build on metal sun-shade. I carefully cut of the sunshade, this increased the coverage to a square APS-C coverage at the same optical quality as original APS-C
The coverage increased a bit further, but with reduced optical performance.
Then I bought a 15mm Irix firefly and enjoy this lens very very much.
Greetz, Jos