On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 11:49:48AM -0500, John wrote:
> On 11/15/2018 04:42, Rick Womer wrote:
> > IIRC, in an interview at one of the big shows last spring, a Pentax honcho
> > said that a K-3ii successor was their first development priority.
> >
> > It???s also true, though, that Ricoh (and all the other office equipment
> > companies) are having a terrible time as the world abandons paper
> > documents.
> >
> > Rick
> >

> Ironic in light of the increasing demand for physical photo-IDs.

I think that rather depends on where you are.

I recently had to renew my (British) passport.  Not only was I able to submit
my photograph as a digital image - the passport itself also contains an encoded
form of the image, readable electronically.  And apparently at some UK airports
I could just walk up with the passport in hand, place it on the desk, and look
into a camera.  My digital image from the camera would be checked against the
biometric data encoded in the pasport, and if everything checked out I would
be able to proceed through the gate.  I'm sure there would be somebody present
to supervise things, but the whole verification process would be done digitally.