In September I was asked to shoot a car for Mopar Action, an auto enthusiast
pub, in Boyne Mountain, Michigan, an “up North” resort town.  Normally I would
try to wrap the shoot as quickly as possible, traveling alone and spending
minimal time on location, but this looked like an opportunity for a mini
vacation, and being post labor day, off season rates would be in effect. So I
took my lady friend  and my son with me and booked a room for a couple of days
at a time share condo on Lake Charlevoix. It proved to be a nice trip, and,
more importantly, having two extra sets of hands to help with the shoot was
excellent. I’m spoiled. We shot a bunch of looks for the article and a few for
the cover. The magazine was just published, and I’m pleased.

Here’s the cover: https://www.photo.net/photo/18511271/February-2019-Cover

This is my original. Pentax K-1 plus D FA 150-450, f5.6, 1/160th, ISO 200,
tripod, remote shutter and mirror up. You can see it differs minimally from the
final version for which the magazine art director brightened the nose a bit and
cropped the image very tight:
https://www.photo.net/photo/18511270/My-Original-Image

And here’s my lady friend, Charmaine, lighting the font of the car with a
reflector:
https://www.photo.net/photo/18511269/Light-it-Up