The January PUG is disappointingly small. but it includes some very fine
images indeed.

My favorite is Fishin with the Guys by Ken Waller.  I was at that very
spot, at Brooks Falls, about 25 years ago.  Like Ken, I was hoping for that
classic shot of a salmon jumping into the mouth of a brown bear;  like him,
I was disappointed.  In any event, this photo is a very pleasing and
evocative rendition of an unforgettable place and event.

My second favorite is Which Is My Cap? by Henk Terhell.  The repeating
pattern is hypnotic, and the result is quite effective in every respect.

Dan Matyola