On 1/15/2019 11:53 AM, John wrote:
On 1/14/2019 05:11:21, Steve Cottrell wrote:>
              ...  On 13/1/19, Bob W-PDML, discombobulated, unleashed:
>> The thing that stands out for me, which subtly echoes the dog, and reflects
>> the posture of the woman, is the plastic bag in the doorway. The shape
>> created by the handle and the dark spots look like a stylised Siamese cat
>> with two dark ears and a nose.
>
> That's the first thing I spotted too. As a small image on my desktop before I > clicked on it, I thought it was a cat sat in the window looking out. Even so, > on full image, it's still interesting as your eyes investigate the scene.
>  ... snipped a bit

Every once in a while the PetaPixel Blog comes up with something useful.
Case in point, their recent article on "parallelism" & what it says about the dog mimicking the woman's posture ... and the "cat":
https://petapixel.com/2019/01/10/what-parallelism-is-and-how-to-use-it-to-improve-your-photography/
Yeah - that was a good read!  (Hodler, btw, is one of my favorite painters.)

Well I've been doing a lot of that over the years.. didn't think about it being called "parallelism"

This was my money maker back in 1981 when I got an "award of merit" in the KINSA ..  $100

https://annsan.smugmug.com/Works-in-Print/Books-in-Print/The-First-Time-I-Saw-Paris/i-Xg5zwCX/L

There are a lot of Erwitts that fall into the category as well.

ann

--
ann sanfedele photography
https://annsan.smugmug.com