Not a bad idea but I think most PDMLers like the idea of a coffee table book.

Alan C

On 15-Jan-19 07:26 PM, Stanley Halpin wrote:
I created a sample gallery so you can see what I am talking about.

https://goo.gl/fzFHQX

password: pdml2018

stan

On Jan 15, 2019, at 10:15 AM, Stanley Halpin <s...@stans-photography.info>
wrote:

I hate to see the PDML Annual die after its fine 10-year run. I cannot, will
not, volunteer to step in to try and follow on in Mark’s path, recognizing that
Mark not only did very fine work, but also had able assistance from Bill and
Doug.

So, here are my thoughts about an alternative venue for us to share our Best Of
2018 images.

I have a Zenfolio account, unlimited storage. I already pay the annual fee, no
extra cost for adding another Gallery to my collection.

Are are my thoughts on configuration of a Gallery for our sharing purposes:

        Access limited, password protected. No real need for this, but possible
in case anyone is nervous about putting they best stuff out there on the web. I
could also leave the Gallery open and password protect access to individual
images at the owner's request.

        No Expiration date for the Gallery.

        Downloading not allowed.

        Max viewing size Zenfolio’s XXLarge = 1550x960

        Titles etc Not searchable

        Metadata viewable?

        Show Number of Visitors to the Gallery?

        Do Not allow viewers to order prints (again, I can adjust this or any
of the other parameters image by image if so requested by the contributor.)

If this seems like a reasonable/useful option, then the way forward would be:
        A - comment on the proposed parameters
        B - I don’t see a way for others to directly upload.  Send me up to 5
images that you would like to have included. Let me know Image Title and
Caption (caption = your name or email or other identifier.) I will load them to
the site, untouched, no editing, you submit what you want displayed.

I leave town for 6 weeks on 25 February, so 20 February would be a reasonable
first deadline.

Comments?

stan