On 1/31/2019 16:38:58, Stanley Halpin wrote:
Every once in a while, every day or two maybe, take a shot of your wrist watch or other reliable indicator of the local time. If your camera record of time is off by minutes or hours, this makes it easier to recalibrate the time in the exif files. Important particularly if you have more than one camera and or if you are going to try to merge your images with those of your travel companion who often is unable to remember how to set the time on her camera when traveling across time zones…

stan

With the *ist-D, it was several months after I got back to the U.S. before I remembered to reset the time zone to EST. Date/time are almost correct just offset by 12 hours.

The first month I had the K10D I forgot to set the date/time. I don't know why, because IIRC, it prompts you to set time-zone & date/time the first time you start it up. Either it had already been started before I got it or I blithely passed over that step.

It was almost a month before I noticed the date was off, and it took me three or four tries over a six month period before I finally got the date/time set correctly. I believe eastern time in the U.S. is the default time-zone.

I haven't found a way to correct the date/time in the EXIF that doesn't change the file date (to the date when I'm trying to make the correction). Once you've screwed it up one or the other is always going to be wrong.