Hey, it's life Jim, but not as we know it :-)

I think what most people (Brits included) fail to understand is that what we
are seeing is the parliamentary process. It's our democracy in action. You
might think it's broken - I know a lot of people do - but actually it's not.

The thing that should never have happened was the original referendum back in
2016. That was what stymied us all. If the vote had been (say) a 60/40 split
then we'd perhaps not be in this pickle right now. Because it was a 52/48 split
in favour of leaving Europe - well, that's basically a recipe for disaster. We
are not used to referenda - it's extremely unusual for us. So we can't really
deal with it. David Cameron should have been shot for even the thought of a
referendum (IMHO).

But we are where we are, and (believe it or not) our democracy is in progress -
and it will resolve.

Giving us TV crews plenty of work, that's for sure!

For those that know him, Stefan is working flat out for various broadcasters
covering events in Westminster, literally in the thick of it. Attaboy.

I'm doing a fair bit but out in the regions where it's a little less noisy ;-)

Top tips for the next few weeks: watch the Tory party implode on itself,
Theresa May will resign shortly. If Labour had *any* sense at all they would
oust Jeremy Corbyn (who is unelectable) and replace him with any of a number of
Labour front-benchers and then go into the imminent general election on a
manifesto of remaining in Europe (assuming the loooong extension is the de
facto outcome of current proceedings, which I believe will happen) and they
will win. Since 2016, there's three year's worth of fresh Euro-friendly young
voters into the fold now to replace the three year's worth of Brexit-loving old
folk who have popped their clogs, and so the balance will swing in favour of
remain.

But then there will be civil war.

Oh how we'll laugh about it over a pint afterwards....

Tally ho!

--

Cheers,
  Cotty