First up is a lesson that if you can't get a fast enough shutter speed to hand hold it, GO BACK TO THE CAR AND GET THE DAMN TRIPOD. There's just too much noise. FWIW, it looks great on the back of the camera.

I'm extremely disappointed that I traveled almost 900 miles and blew the shot!:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jb_sessoms/49091101082

The second shot was taken with flash & I'm reasonably pleased with it:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jb_sessoms/49090897656

This was taken with a flaky Vivitar 285HV. All of my Pentax flashes appear to be dead now. And since all of them are OLD, none will be covered by warranty.

Is there any place I can send them that will actually repair them? Or should I just trash them & replace?