On 3/13/2020 3:09 AM, Bulent Celasun wrote:
Welcome Olga,

Looking at your two portraits,
I must say you certainly look far more experienced than you declared.
That must be a good sign of talent.

Or......
wait for it........
.
.
.
.
.
.
She must have a good camera.

HAR!!

Really good pictures, though Flickr sucks.

bill

Bulent
http://patoloji.gen.tr
http://celasun.wordpress.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bc_the_path/
http://photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=2226822
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/bulentcelasun

Olga Iona Custer <olga.cus...@icloud.com>, 13 Mar 2020 Cum, 07:59
tarihinde şunu yazdı:

Hello!
I am new to the list, new to Pentax, new to digital photography, and new to
photography.

I am still discovering the features of my newly acquired K-5 (thanks so much,
Boris!) after playing with Larry’s K-3 (thanks, Larry, for your gear, your
time, and your nearly endless patience). I am still struggling with focusing
and am barely touching the surface of comprehension of what light actually
means when you are not just looking at it but operating an external lens to
create images.

The reason I started paying attention to photography was Larry’s landscape
photos. He photographed places in Oregon and I layered his vision of them with
my vision of them. I thought that I could communicate my vision through the
images I take but so far I cannot. As of now I find my landscape photos to be
interminably boring. But flowers and humans do cooperate sometimes.

Below are the two photos I am currently happiest with. While the photographers
were creating landscape photos that would be pleasing for me to look I was
photographing them, trying to capture their faces lit by sunshine and smiles.

Kate:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/146792565@N05/49653882881/in/dateposted-public/
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/146792565@N05/49653882881/in/dateposted-public/>
K-3 Tamron 18-250 f/3.5-6.3

Larry:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/146792565@N05/49654162487/in/dateposted-public/
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/146792565@N05/49654162487/in/dateposted-public/>
K-5 Tamron 28-75 f/2.8

I am looking forward to sharing more photos in the future and to hearing from
you what works, what doesn’t, and how I can get better.

Thanks!
Olga aka OIC