Will microwaves kill the virus? Maybe I should nuke my 1099-Rs before I take them in? I'll have to call them tomorrow & see how they're handling taxes now.

I note that the Coronavirus pneumonia dry cough w/o runny nose is the same as my early seasonal allergies cough ... the runny nose & watering eyes come later.

I guess I'll have them in about two weeks.

On 3/21/2020 20:08:24, Ken Waller wrote:
Keyword —- allegedly

-----Original Message-----
From: mike wilson <m.9.wil...@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: OT Covid-19

Advice from a virologist, allegedly.  Makes sense to me.

The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can one know
if he/she is infected? By the time they have a fever and/or cough and go to the
hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it's too late. Taiwan experts
provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning. Take a deep breath and
hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without
coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no
Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection. In a critical time, please
self-check every morning in an environment with clean air. Serious excellent advice
by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases: Everyone should ensure your mouth
& throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at
least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids
will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your
stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water more
regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs. That's very
dangerous.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - CORONAVIRUS
1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold
2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of
just 26/27 degrees. It hates the Sun.
4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the
ground and is no longer airborne.
5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if
you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you
can with a bacterial soap.
6. On fabric, it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill
it.
7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids
with ice.
8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10
minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick
your nose unwittingly and so on.
9. You should also gargle as prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm
water will suffice.
10. Can't emphasis enough - drink plenty of water!
SYMPTOMS
1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4
days
2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then
the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're
drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.