Larry, much of it is in incremental refinements, and much of it is
under the hood. Speedups in all operations mean it handles my 645Z
files with ease. Faster previews and fewer delays when navigating
them.

Lr uses the GPU now. You can add an external GPU module and get more
speed. Lr also makes more use of multi-CPUs. I can now do dodge&burn
with adjustment brushes for portrait retouching. (If I tried in that
in old Lr it would kill the performance and wasn't practical.)  I can
avoid edits in Ps for more things.

The feature advances most visible to me are things like:
Profiles (including LUTs). Profiles are a complete reworking of the
colour correction and handling.
Radial gradients.
Texture slider, which is a refinement of (addition to) the Clarity
slider (like "structure" in Nik). Increase texture for grit, or soften
it for portraits (skin).
The dehaze slider is magic. I use it in negative to add mist to some shots.
Transform has a Full button which is sometimes astounding to use. Will
straighten a shot subtly and Just Fix It.

Plenty of other stuff too, but these are many of the highlights for me.

--
-bmw