On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 12:55 AM Bill <anotherdrunken...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/1/2020 5:26 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
> > I’m thinking $1700. It will be priced reasonably. It has to be to support
> > the brand.
>
> Amazon.com has it available for preorder for you. As I said in a
> B&H and Adorama may sell it for a bit less, but I can't see it going for
> $1700.00.
>
> If you look at the MTF charts, this lens is quite a bit better superior
> to the Zeiss Otis 85/1.4 which doesn't have auto focus and sells for
> US$4.5K.
>
> At F8, it doesn't have an MTF curve, it has a slightly wavy straight
> line clinging to the top of the graph. I've never seen anything like
> that before.
> The sample pictures I have seen are stunning.
>
> My pusher emailed me today that it's available for ordering, so mine is
> on it's way. I expect it to arrive sometime in the third week of this month.

I am very happy to see this arrive as it opens up the option for me to
add a K-1, 50mm and 85mm as a unified kit to backup / alternate to my
645Z kit. I'd really like to have a body with a second focal length
mounted on it ready to grab during shooting and my trusty old K-3 just
isn't cutting it anymore.

--
-bmw