On Fri, 4 Sep 2020 at 10:30, Henk Terhell <hterhell at chello.nl> wrote:

> https://pentaxofficial.com/en/6628/
>
> Well, as expected, the die is cast: the new flagship will have a
> fixed LCD screen.
> Wrong decisions by R/P....

I have a tilt-up screen on my 645Z which I *never* use. I only ever
shoot using the OVF so the LCD remains flat against the body.

Ironically, I am considering substituting a (tilting LCD) K-1 for my
(non-tilting) K-3 as my backup/alternate body, and I would treat that
tiltable K-1 LCD the same way: stuck resolutely to the back. Can't use
an LCD viewscreen for shooting; don't need an LCD viewscreen for
shooting.

And really, since Ricoh/Pentax has decided to stick with the OVF and
forgo mirrorless designs, favouring the OVF is a reasonable way to go.

--
-bmw