On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 8:21 PM Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

> > On Sep 13, 2020, at 5:04 PM, Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > In ten years that rez will come in one of the standard cameras in an iPhone.
>
> lets call green light 500nm, so if I do my math right, a square sensor 60,000
> photons on a side would be 30 um on a side. So, that kind of sets a bottom
> limit on how small that resolution sensor could be.

Not a problem. They will get around physical limits through a
combination of: pixel-shift, software interpolation and extrapolation,
and with current upward sizing trends, by 2030 the latest iPhone will
be about the size of a sheet of drywall.

If they can make fake bokeh sort-of usable, then they can easily make
fake outlandishly huge resolution nearly usable.

--
-bmw