I shoot Pentax because I have the stuff for more than 40 years (+ or -) and
I keep collecting more of the same (K mount). Looking through the
viewfinder of the MX got me hooked. The real question is why I still shoot
DSLR. That's because macro and long glass really needs a DSLR (aps c
please). Anything else is more practical, much lighter with mirrorless.
Q-S1, MX-1, even my samsung S9 shoots raw. Image quality is mind blowing
compared to technology 10-15 years ago. I will probably switch to one of
the mirrorless brands in the future because Pentax failed to continue the Q
line.

That said I blew my mind the last months with the KP, DA300, 100macro and
the 1.4 TC. Never ever will I try another brand and start the 40 year
search for perfection again, that would be biologically challenging.
I'm dreaming of an apc-c KP-super with a tilt screen!