No, I disagree. There has been a general descent to the gutter in most areas in the last 50 years. It almost seems as if people are competing for a mega-slob gold medal. Churches just had to put up with it. Amazingly, most people's hearts are still in the right place. FWIW, I was slammed for wearing shorts to Church on a hot summer's day a couple of years ago so I now give my shorts (which I normally wear all the year round) a rest on Sundays.

Alan C