Your book will be something to see, Dan. Closest I will ever get to that lot. Pity you haven't been to Africa - there are Ruwenzori, Kilimanjaro & Kenya all in E Africa. The glaciers of Kilimanjaro are now almost non-existent. Nothing to speak of in SA. The Boy Scouts went to Kilimanjaro from Rhodesia on the back of a 5 ton truck in the 1950's. I was too young. No organised tours in those days. They were completely self sufficient & went up & down in 4 days. Nowadays you are forced to go in organised groups - expensive 8-10 day round trips.

Alan C