It certainly has a fan. Look into the drum, and behind the perforated back wall
you’ll see two holes. One is the exhaust (on our Sears-made-by-Whirlpool 35yo
gas dryer it’s the one on the right), and the other admits heated air that is
moved by a blower underneath the drum on the left, IIRC.

About 15 years ago one of the bearings holding the drum up was noisy; so I
replaced both bearings, the drive belt, and cleaned and lubed everything. I’m
not as agile as I was then, so I hope I don’t have to do that again.

Rick

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List