Welcome back Alastair!

I went from the istD to the K-10D to the K-7 and then to the K-5 (which I’m
still using almost 10 years later).

The K-5 has a higher-resolution sensor with =much= better low-light performance
than the K-7; and the colors are almost as good as those of the K-10.

My wife has a K-70, and IMHO the user interface is not nearly as good as any of
the others.

Cheers,

Rick