Alan is correct about my K5. I also have no complaints about the AF.

One thing that I have done with each of my camera purchases (Super Program,
istD, K10D, K20D, K7, K5, a K50 for my daughter and a K70 for my wife) is
waiting to order until at least a year after introduction, so that most of the
bugs have been squashed.

Rick