On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 6:57 AM Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@mac.com> wrote:

> And of course we have phones with 11 megapixel sensors, shake reduction,
> RAW capability, panorama and portrait modes and more. They’re making small
> cameras obsolete.

I'd say they all but killed them already. The one leftover reason is the
tactile experience of using a camera that is actually a camera and not a
touch device. I love that, but the convenience of using one device for so
many things so big that those quaint reasons aren't enough.

Think about this: even a high end compact from say 2005-2006, at 8 MP or so
and with a small sensor makes a lot worse images than the better modern
smartphones.

Juan Buhler - http://www.juanbuhler.com
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List