Something I didn't mention was that those red flowers were the reason the bird
was there, which is why I wanted to keep them.  I'll have another look at the
other photos later and may post one of it feeding on them.

That is one of two trees it visits in our garden; the other is a banksia which
is in much better light.  I think this tree is a bottlebrush.

That bird has been taunting me for ages but they move about so quickly and
often announce their presence just before leaving.

Cheers,
Dave