> What's the story with the Rikenon 55mm f1.2? ...

The Rikenon / Cosina / Revue / Vivitar 55mm f1.2 appears to have a
common design origin.  There are substantial similarities ( Note:
They are NOT identical. ) in dimensions, construction, & lettering.
The demand for that kind of a higher-end lens from a Second Tier
Camera manufacturer or Third Party supplier would be relatively low.
Hence, it makes sense that only a single design would exist with
relabling to suit.

I suspect that Cosina is the actual manufacturer of record as Ricoh,
Revue, and Vivitar have all sourced camera bodies from them.

I have the Revue version of the lens, it's nice, and as I've said
before, it will take pictures at f1.2 that no f1.4+ lens can.

Mark

--
Gosdin Information Systems Consulting   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
P.O. Box 330                                         www.gosdin.net