Hey PJ
too late!  But thanks for the suggestion.  The good news is..   I got a brand new  Epson R220 on ebay for $234  (of course using credit card)  it arrived yesterday. The drivers were still on my computer from a few years ago... but I inserted the cd anyway to do the licencing agreement.. my info came up with my landline phone on it.. but I did the licencing agreement stuff again.  Had a brief hiccup related to cd printer stuff which I skipped and then all went smoothly. works like a dream..  I made enough on ebay in the last week to pay for half of it... PRinter bought from a long time ebay seller with 100% positive buyer feedback who also lived fairly close by - in Bridgeport :-) shipping ws low too but FEDEX of course did it's usual thing.. rang my bell, didn't answer when I called down the stairs.. just dumped in in the hallway and split - He was supposed to get my signature!  and fortunately I managed to get it upstairs one step at a time. and it was fine .. but one end of the box was
pretty well soaked.

Happy cmper here, in spite of it  off to mail two  ebay sales!

ann

Yes Virginia, there are printers to be had without wi-fi .