Intro:
we are now issued credit and debit cards with a little "speaker" symbol on them so that one can be totally contactless when using a card.. just swish your card on the vicinity of/ over the designated reader and  it takes your money.  IN NY we have these things called an OMNI reader on busses and subways.  since I am a senior I have my own card which one still has to swipe because the Omni machine is reading your regular credit crds and doesn't know you are old. HOwever  that does not keep the OMNI machine which is often located right next to the metrocard slot, from reading a credit card that gets close to it.  bottom line.. MY debit card is in a lanyard that hangs on my neck and at a level that , when I leaned forward to dip my metrocard got too close to the OMNI reader and releaved me of $2.75 ..

NOw I have to pay especially close attention to my money so I found what happened and eventually got my money back and was told I should keep my credit cards in those protective sleeves they make for passport cards.  I also can't get another card without the chip in it that lets you swish instead of insert a card ...

anyone know how I can disable that feature without disabling my regular chip or swipe strip?  IT is at the opposite end of the card from the regular chip and not near the
swipe strip.

Thanks
ann

--