> Great article Fred, you are (as always) a wealth of information.

Thanks for the acknowledgement.

> The lens cap he referred to for the 35-85 being "dished", is that
> the plastic one with the rib down the middle for your fingers to
> grab onto?

{The author is a "she", Steve.]  Yes, I'm assuming that the lens cap
referred to is indeed that one, which I have and like.  It is
"dished" (i.e., concave) in front, except for that rib which can be
used for turning the cap (if the robustly knurled edge of the cap
isn't good enuf for ya - <g>).

Fred