Jos,

It is a fisheye zoom.  What happens is when it is at the 17mm end, it
looks like a standard 180 degree fisheye.  But as you zoom towards the
35mm end, it starts to look more corrected.  The 35mm end is actually
closer in AOV to a 20mm rectilinear lens.  I have one and find it to
be quite versatile and fun.

See these for some samples:
http://pug.komkon.org/00nove/bkdPUG1100.html
http://pug.komkon.org/01jul/bkdpug.html
http://pug.komkon.org/01sep/bkdpug.html

A very fun lens.  No one else makes a zoom version like this.  It kind
of lets you dial in how much fisheye effect you want.  I strongly
recommend it.

Bruce